I just might have cried tears of relief in the store yesterday when we got the email that our dossier was finally at court after 8 weeks of waiting after being submitted to the MOJ!
Praise the Lord!
Now, we are waiting to be assigned to a judge and then for our court date to be scheduled.
Still most likely looking at January travel.
After missing last week's Skype session (maybe due to the time change, they decided to skip it all together?), we were able to talk yesterday. It was wonderful to see Esther's smile for the brief moment the video was clear enough to see her. We can not wait to get her home! It is so hard to talk over Skype without a translator. I just want to hold her.
She was smiling at baby Ruth.
She looks very bundled up as I know it has gotten quite cold there.
I hope I am bringing warm enough clothes to meet their approval to take her home in!
Please keep praying for a smooth rest of the process and for Esther's heart to be prepared to join our family. Pray as we prepare our home and children for yet another change when Esther joins our family.
On the other side of the world, waiting for his family.
This little boy will always hold a special place in our hearts due to our connection with him.
This is a hard post to write and share as we wanted more than anything for him to be our son. We are not the family God has chosen for him and so we are praying & hoping to help his family find him.
This little boy has a lot stacked against him...
* He is a boy
* He is already 6 1/2 years old
* He has spent his whole life in an orphanage, without a family
* His special needs will require a lot of your time, attention and patience
* He most likely will require therapy and/or medication to help him control his behavior
* He has delays, as expected due to his background
* He has strabismus and wears glasses
* He has no future where he is at
But he has so much more to offer...
* He has the greatest smile
* He is healthy, strong and growing well
* He is creative
* He is all-boy with lots of energy
* He can talk
* He has a great laugh
* He is capable of learning
* He is fast
* He can run, jump, climb
* He loves music
* He loves electronics
* He can be loving
* He does respond well to firm boundaries
* He is perfectly created in God's image
* He is a child of God and loved
* The right family will be blessed to call him their son
Will you help us find his family?
I have lots of pictures and videos to share with his future family as well as our observations of the time we spent with him in July.
Currently, WACAP has his file if you are interested in inquiring about adopting him. He is listed on RainbowKids, though some of the info there is not correct.
Here are some quick looks at some of the over 700 books up for auction in our current auction. There are a lot without any bids yet and many that are going for only $1-$3. This is the perfect time to shop for gifts and get a great deal plus help bring our daughter home at the same time!
Below you can see the New, Signed books, Educational books, Christmas themed books, Children's books, Ballet and Horse themed books!